Disclosure – This post may contain affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to purchase through my links, at no cost to you.
Here is an easy, budget-friendly recipe to make quick chai latte at home! If you have any chai tea bags or a loose leaf chai tea, you can make a creamy latte in no time! It can easily be customized to make it vegan, and with a sweetness level of your choice. Perfect for a crisp autumn day!
Every now and then I discover a new thing and go through a phase. Like the first time I learned how to make this fresh and easy chai latte at home! (. . and at work, and at my friend’s house. .) At the peak of it I think I was making one of these almost every day for over a month!!
But, I wasn’t worried – I realized I could make 10 chai lattes at home for the price of one at a coffee shop! If you do the math, that means each cup costs you a mere 30 cents! To keep it simple, I like using a chai tea blend like Bigelow Spiced Chai tea bags, or a equivalent amount of a loose leaf chai blend brewed in an infuser, like this one!
The best part is that, unlike a premade mix, you can decide how sweet you want it! I always find that concentrates are way too sweet for me. Feel free to sweeten as much or as little as you like! To this day, I am still known to enjoy these whenever I have chai tea on hand, and I hope you enjoy it too!
Easy Chai Latte
- 2 bags of chai tea or 2 teaspoons loose tea
- 1/2 cup very hot water
- 1/2 cup milk of choice oat milk reccomended!
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice optional – I like using real maple syrup
- Place tea in a mug and pour the hot water over the tea. Allow to steep for 6 minutes, or longer.
- While steeping, heat your milk* until very hot but not boiling.
- Remove tea from the water and pour heated milk, sweetener, and vanilla into brewed tea. Stir and enjoy!
Let me know what you think! Feel free to browse my other recipes!